The folks at Floyd Medical Center in Rome, GA have embraced Lean Six Sigma in a big way and have reaped major benefit from it. In this discussion, Al Davis, Administrator of Floyd Primary Care, gives his perspective as one of the leaders of Floyd’s continuous improvement charge.
A few of the topics we addressed:
- It’s all about the data (vs. just feelings and observations)
- EMRs, while essential, can slow some things down
- Finding and eliminating “white space” (…it starts with data collection!)
- Tools for implementing Lean Six Sigma!
- The importance of the patient’s perception (…which has a surprisingly large impact on patient satisfaction)
Al also talked through specific success stories and gives us his version of what’s in store for healthcare. Great stuff!